eTown Hall History
1918: The congregation of Boulder Church of the Nazarene purchases the lot at 16th and Spruce
1922: The congregation hand excavates the basement, puts a roof over it and begins to hold church services.
1925: The second floor of the rustic stone church building is completed and the Nazarenes begin holding services in the sanctuary.
1943: The congregation continues to renovate the church themselves during their personal free time. The renovations include the expansion of the façade, removal of the bell tower, completely covering the stone exterior with stucco, adding a steel truss roof and a loft for the choir.
1944: The renovations are completed, and the congregation resumes holding services in the newly expanded space.
1959: A gymnasium is added to the north of the church built of cement block.
1960: Volunteers build additional classrooms with masonry blocks, adding 6,550 ft. of floor space to the existing structure.
1980: The building is sold to Unity Church.
1991: The building is sold to The Salvation Army.
1996: Boulder developer Stephen Tebo purchases the building.
2008: eTown purchases the building from Stephen Tebo and begins planning to renovate and transform the structure into eTown Hall.
2009: eTown embarks on a capital campaign to raise funds for the extensive renovation and restoration of the historic building.
2012: eTown Hall opens its doors to the Boulder community.