Now in its 7th year, eTown’s Handmade Songs Series is a program in which high school songwriters are given the opportunity to perform at eTown Hall in front of a live audience. Rather than focusing on performance or other superficial criteria often weighted in musical competitions, the entire program focus is on songwriting.
At least five students are awarded the opportunity to team up with industry professionals to produce their single and a music video in eTown’s state-of-the-art recording studio and production facility. eTown provides renowned producers, sound engineers, videographers, professional musicians, world-class equipment and facilities to ensure the highest quality of production. Students often use their finished work to apply to college-level music programs or begin their career in the arts.
- All genres and styles of music are welcome
- All songs must be original compositions
- All songs must include vocals and lyrics
- Each student must submit an mp3 recording of your song
- Each student must submit lyrics
- 15 Finalists are selected from audio submissions
The Finalists Receive:
- An opportunity to record their original song in eTown’s state-of-the-art recording studio!
- Collaboration with a professional producer and production crew
- Mentorship on navigating the music industry
- A polished version of their song in eTown’s Handmade Songs Vol. 8 CD
- A video of their recording process
If you have any questions about eTown’s Handmade Songs Series, please e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Fall 2017 Handmade Songs
Stream eTown’s Handmade Songs, Vol. 7:
Spring 2016 Handmade Songs
Stream eTown’s Handmade Songs, Vol. 4: