Full-Time Office Manager
Position immediately available
eTown is a Boulder-based nonprofit organization that produces a nationally syndicated weekly radio program that reaches nearly 300 stations nationwide (and is podcast globally). eTown’s mission is to educate, entertain and inspire a diverse audience, through music and conversation, to create a socially responsible and environmentally sustainable world.
In 2012, eTown opened the doors to eTown Hall, a solar-powered multi-media community center in the heart of Downtown Boulder. In addition to housing the production facilities that help us create our flagship radio program, eTown Hall is home to a variety of community-hosted events from concerts to film screenings, fundraisers to forums, and much more.
About the position:
The Office Manager will fill a variety of needs and will be an asset in furthering eTown’s mission. We are seeking an outstanding individual to run our office.
- Carry out front desk reception duties
• Manage office correspondence including email and phone calls
• Execute routine daily, weekly and monthly administrative duties to ensure that the office runs at peak efficiency
• Help other office staff with basic IT needs including computer, server, internet, and copier troubleshooting
• Work with the House/Production Manager position in support of eTown’s volunteer program.
• Assist with basic ticketing and box office admin tasks, such as sending daily ticket counts and processing occasional phone and in-person ticket sales that come through the office.
• Perform off-site errands as needed, such as checking the PO Box, bringing deposits to the bank, etc.
• Responsible for maintaining general office tidiness on both floors of the office, including keeping the kitchen areas stocked with cleaning supplies, making sure those areas remain free of clutter, etc.
• Other occasional tasks and projects as assigned
• Position may include occasional night and weekend hours in support of special events
- Strong organizational skills
• Great attention to detail and an attitude of service
- Excellent time management skills
• Able to multi-task and prioritize in an energetic, fluid and creative work environment
• Minimum 2 years experience in office coordination or equivalent position
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Strong knowledge of MS Office, including Word, Excel, and other database systems including Google Drive
• Demonstrated success supporting nonprofits and/or small staffs
• Experience working with volunteers a plus
• Experience assisting with event production a plus
• Valid Colorado driver’s license and access to reliable transportation
Please send your resume and cover letter in one PDF to email@example.com
Title: House & Production Manager
Company: eTown Hall
Location: 1535 Spruce St Boulder, CO 80302
eTown Hall is a state-of-the-art multi-media facility, live event venue, café & bar, recording studio, post production suites and home of the nationally syndicated radio program eTown.
Job Description: eTown is looking for an energetic, experienced, full-time House & Production Manager. Working with the Facility Director, the House & Production Manager will help run every aspect of eTown Hall including all rental events and managing the recording studio. This multi-functional position includes event management skills, interpersonal skills (can you deal with all people, all the time?!) and basic technical venue/theater skills.
EVENTS – You will be the go-to person for all events happening at eTown Hall. Collecting client and event details, staffing, logistics and coordination are all part of the gig. If you are highly organized and love the fast-paced and sometimes high-pressure nature of live events, keep reading. You will be the top-dog during all events at eTown Hall, managing the event staff and client expectations. You are expected to be at every event – this is not a standard 9-5. During days with no live events, you will organize, clean, fix and otherwise orchestrate whatever it takes to keep this facility looking and functioning at its fullest potential.
PRODUCTION – Do you know an XLR cable from a HDMI cable? Do you like audio and video equipment? eTown Hall is equipped with amazing technology including live streaming, audio and video services plus projection capabilities for film screenings and PowerPoint presentations. As House & Production Manager, you will be responsible for general facility upkeep and maintenance as well as all technology inside the building.
Qualifications: You will excel in this position if you have some or all of the following:
• 1-3 years in event planning
• 2-4 years of production experience, tour managing, festivals/conferences
• Jack-of-all-trades. If this is how your friends and family refer to you, you may be a good fit for this position.
• Strong communication skills to gather information and work closely with clients and event staff
• Organizational skills to effectively gather and distribute all event info and logistics • Technical skills around audio video equipment and facility maintenance
• General office skills: Google docs and Cloud, scheduling, email, MS Word, Excel
• On-Time, professional and not afraid to jump in and do anything – a whatever it takes attitude is required for this position.
• The worlds greenest multi-media and live venue in the world
• Diversity of events all aligned with town’s mission
• Downtown Boulder – 1 block off Pearl St
• Cool events and a 9:30pm curfew
If you are interested in this opportunity, please forward your resume, cover letter and salary requirements in one PDF to firstname.lastname@example.org
eTown would like to thank all applicants, however only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted.
eTown is an equal opportunity employer.